Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thoughtless

Late at night, and I want to collect my thoughts.


But I have no thoughts.


There is a dull pain below and behind my ears. My eyes strain at the blinding blue light of my laptop screen as it burns away my peripheral vision contrasting so sharply with the dark room beyond. You can faintly hear the nuk-nuk of a pacifier soothing a restless infant.


No thoughts.


Maybe I should draw, but that would mean I'd have to get up. Not likely. Besides, I've been sketching some wiry dragon like faces lately. I feel like it is an image of sin again. Maybe evil, because it is outside of me this time. corrupting. I don't want to draw that now.

And what about the doubter and the wall builder. No! No. Stop.

I should pray. Rest. Turn the inward sight to the Holy One. Be still and present. yes.


There's a thought.

No comments: