Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Going to Print

Nothing like a deadline to bring a work to completion.  I am finally pleased with it.  I am taking it to print in the morning.   Now it needs a title.  the working title is "sacrifice," but it has spoken so much more than that to me over these last few weeks.  I've got a few days to decide on the title.  I am submitting this painting and Co-Heir in the Bear Valley Visual Arts Show, which will run through the 26th.  I'll let you know how it is received.  

I've was invited to speak at Cherry Hills Community Church.  This image will likely be the centerpiece of that engagement.  We haven't finalized the date yet.  It will be sometime this summer after I am through with finals.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Erik -- Just checking in to see how the art show went...did your work provoke interesting conversations?

TheTentMaker said...

It was very fun, but the setup didn't have much time for conversation. I've had better conversations about the meaning and implications of the painting sitting with someone over coffee with an 8x10 printout.

Either way, I am very pleased with how it turned out. Time to start a new one!